Thursday, September 29, 2011

Roll Up, Roll Up

For many reasons Graham Harman and I love Arnold Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire, which premiered in Berlin in 1912.

To celebrate the centenary of  Pierrot Lunaire in 2012, Graham and I have started this, the Pierrot Lunaire Centenary Carnival Tent. It's a bit spooky and empty right now. Henri Rousseau's Carnival Evening hangs mysteriously in the background. What is this carnival tent doing, in the middle of nowhere, just outside Blogopolis? All shall be revealed...

1 comment:

  1. It's a fascinating piece. I only had a chance to hear it live one time in my life, in Kiel, Germany, where I had been sent for a language program, they had an "Night of the Museums" where all the museums stayed open into the wee hours, and one of them hosted a partial performance of the piece. It's really something.

    ReplyDelete